Terry was born and raised in Saskatoon. He has a Bachelor of Commerce degree with a major in marketing from the University of Saskatchewan. Terry has been involved in financial planning associations on both a local and national level for many years.
His designations and awards include:
- Chartered Financial Planner (1982)
- Member of the Trust Institute (Personal Trusts)
- Chartered Life Underwriter (1999)
- Specialist of the Trust Institute (Taxation)
- AIM Award for Excellence in Professional Financial Planning (Saskatchewan Region 2002)
- Distinguished Toastmaster (2011)
- Certified Executor Advisor (2016)
Terry wrote a personal finance column in the StarPhoenix weekly for over 30 years. He is taking courses towards two more designations – Personal Tax Services Specialist and Certified Health Insurance Specialist.
Terry is a fan of country blues music and Irish music. He enjoys biking year-round to stay in shape. He is learning the Irish Gaelic language. Terry has been married to Betty for 44 years; they have three daughters – Katie, Lisa, and Maggie – and four grandchildren.